Running Bear Lodge


Woodland Brook Cabin

Colorado Mountain Getaways


Welcome to Colorado Mountain Getaways where you will find the very best vacation rental homes and cabins for your mountain vacation!  We are located in beautiful Buena Vista, Colorado, with houses throughout Chaffee County,  in Buena Vista, Nathrop and Salida, where you can enjoy the very best that Colorado has to offer.  

We have the perfect mountain vacation rental homes and cabins to choose from to make your Colorado vacation the very best vacation ever!   All of our vacation rentals and cabins are top of the line.   They are all completely furnished, very well decorated, comfortable and very clean.   Each of the vacation homes and cabins are fully equipped with all linens, bedding, and paper  products,  and all of the kitchens are fully equipped and ready for cooking.  When you walk in you’ll feel like you just walked in to your own home… and all you have to do is get on with your vacation!  

Some of our houses have private natural hot spring fed soaking pools.   This area is well known for its various hot springs and hot pools.     The waters are hot and high in mineral content, with no sulphur or iron odors, which makes for very pleasant soaking!   Some of Colorado’s best hot springs and spas are right here in the valley for everyone to visit.    So even if you aren’t staying in one of the houses with a soaking pool, you can still enjoy some great soaking! 

We also offer vacation planning and concierge services so that you can maximize every minute of your vacation.  We can make the reservations for all of your vacation activities and adventures, and needed equipment as well as having the refrigerator and cupboard full of exactly what you order, so everything about your vacation is in place when you arrive.   We can also help you pull off that surprise anniversary, birthday or special occasion with flowers, candy, and wine in the house waiting for your arrival.   

When you vacation in this beautiful part of Colorado you can still experience the unspoiled feeling of a true Rocky Mountain vacation…..  breathtaking, natural, peaceful, serene, wild, exhilarating and energizing!    This beautiful mountain valley is bordered by the spectacular Collegiate Peaks of the Sawatch Mountain Range.  We have more 14,000+ foot peaks in Chaffee County than anywhere in the lower 48!   Only 18% of the county is privately owned land...  that leaves the other 82% for hiking, biking, climbing, rafting, kayaking, fishing, hunting, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, sledding, bagging 14’ers, and enjoying some of the most incredible scenic drives in Colorado.   Buena Vista and Salida each have some wonderful galleries, unique shops, good restaurants, bistros, brew pubs and great little coffee shops.   

Visit our vacation rental homes and mountain cabins by clicking on the pictures and see which one will best fit your needs…   and your idea of just the right vacation home for a perfect mountain getaway!   

We are looking forward to hearing from you and helping you with your vacation accommodations and plans!

Journey's End Ranch
Journey's End Ranch


Woodland Brook Cabin
Arkansas River Casita